A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you:
- information that you provide that personally identifies you;
- information that does not personally identify you that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
- Personally Identifiable Information:
Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address and phone number when registering with our Website, (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey, poll or joining a club; or (c) post a product rating and recommendation on our Website. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
- Non-Personal Information:
Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website.
B. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Personally Identifiable Information:
The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you, or in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information for our products or those of our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (“affiliated companies”), or to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared with us via our Website. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us or our affiliated companies, or direct that we do not share your information with any affiliated companies, as set forth below.
- Non-Personal Information:
In addition to any personally identifiable information or other information that you choose to provide to us on the Website, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain web site usage information whenever you visit or interact with the Website. This information may include browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page view, among other information. In addition, your IP address or some other unique identifier for the particular device you use to access the Internet, as applicable (collectively referred to as a “Device Identifier”) may be collected. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer, your cell phone, or other device used to access the Internet, and our computers identify your device by its Device Identifier. We may associate your Device Identifier with the personal information you provide. The methods that may be used to collect this information include the following:
Information collected through passive means may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. In the latter case it will be treated as personally identifiable information.
We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including helping analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you. We may provide our analysis and certain non-personal information to third parties (who may in turn use this information to provide advertisements tailored to your interests), but this will not involve disclosing any of your personally identifiable information.
- Web Beacons Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons, (also known as “1x1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs,)” may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Website, to monitor how users navigate the Website, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Mobile Device Identifiers Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we or our third-party service providers may receive such device information if you access the Website through mobile devices. Certain features of our Website may require collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Additionally, some mobile phone service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the provider, we or our third-party service providers may receive this information.
- Embedded Scripts An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as which links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our Web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
C. OTHER USES
- Email Communications:
If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers or bank account information, to us by email. Further, we may send you email under the following circumstances:
In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. You may “opt out” of receiving future commercial email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
- if you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications;
- if it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.);
- if we are sending you information about our other products and services;
- if you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose;
- if you send us an e-mail, post information on the Website (i.e., a blog) or otherwise submit information to us electronically, we may e-mail you to follow-up or otherwise communicate with you with respect thereto;
- to provide you legal notices or notices with respect to your use of the Website;
- to otherwise facilitate a transaction between us
Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to notices and counter notices pursuant to our DMCA notice and takedown policy and procedures and/or if we believe that such action is necessary to:
- fulfill a government request;
- conform with the requirements of the law or legal process;
- protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users;
- in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
D. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
E. OTHER SITES / LINKS
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third-party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third-party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third-party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
F. CONTACT & OPT-OUT INFORMATION
You may contact us as at email@example.com if:
- wish to make corrections to any personally identifiable information you have provided;
- want to opt-out from receiving future commercial correspondence, including emails, from us or our affiliated companies;
- wish to withdraw your consent to sharing your personally identifiable information with others.
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website.
G. SOLE STATEMENT